AC Scheduled Maintenance Doesn’t Cost, It Pays!
It is essential for your central air conditioning unit to receive regular maintenance and service. The benefits go beyond the safeguards that your equipment continues to operate under the most Texas demanding temperatures, studies have proven a well-maintained AC unit will maintain 95% of its original efficiency.
- Check air filters
- Clean outdoor coil
- Check cleanliness of indoor coil. Advise customer when they need to be cleaned
- Check refrigerant pressures
- Check system superheat and subcooling
- Take voltage and amp draw measurements of compressors and fan motors
- Ensure compressor crankcase heater is operational
- Visually inspect unit for refrigerant leaks (signs of oil residue, etc.)
- Clear debris from electrical panel
- Check electrical components for signs of damage (such as contactors, relays, capacitors, circuit boards, etc.)
- Check operation of safety controls (low and high pressure cut-outs, etc.)
- Ensure operation of low ambient control if applicable
- Tighten electrical connections
- Record temperature differences across indoor and outdoor coils
- Check condensate pan for leaks. Advise customer if it needs to be cleaned
- Check thermostat operation
DID YOU KNOW?
Homeowners can save about $180 a year by properly setting their programmable thermostats and maintaining those settings.
A dirty coil reduces the system’s ability to cool your home and causes the system to run longer all the while increasing your energy bill by 30% when it’s not routinely cleaned.
Changing your air filter on your air conditioner each month can save you up to 5% in your energy bill because your air conditioner does not have to work as hard.
Studies show that with a regular tune-up, AC unit will maintain up to 95% of its original efficiency. This means that the cost of seasonal tune-ups are recovered very quickly in savings on your monthly energy bill plus the reduction in repair cost.
When you wouldn’t run your car a full year without an oil change and check-up, why run your air conditioning unit without a tune-up?
CALL 7 DAYS A WEEK
Licensed and Insured – TACLB61093E